Seminar on Recent Developments in Databases and Information Systems
To attend this seminar, students need to register according to the registration procedure explained below. After the end of the registration process, participants are selected and informed. Each selected student will get assigned one research paper that needs to be presented in a talk at the end of the semester. Finally, also a short report about the presented paper needs to be submitted, the latest two weeks after the presentation.
- Participants should have successfully attended the core lecture Datenbanksysteme (database systems) or equivalent.
- Having attended the beginner’s course Informationssysteme (information systems), or equivalent, is assumed anyway.
- 2022-04-29 LaTeX Template uploaded
- 2022-04-29 Kickoff slides and the first set of deadlines published
- 2022-04-20 Assigned papers
- 2022-03-14 Added papers
- 2022-02-17 Page created
Dates and Deadlines:
- 2 weeks after presentations Final report
- 2022-07-26 Presentation days
- 2 days before presentation Final version of the slides
- 2022-07-08 No-left-todo version of the slides
- 2022-05-27 Meeting with supervisor
- 2022-04-29 10:00 Kickoff Meeting
- 2022-04-15 Registration to the Seminar
Information on Registration Process:
- This seminar is offered in the summer semester of 2023.
- The number of participants is limited.
- Registration is not done on a first-come, first-served basis.
- In order to register, download this JSON template registration file, rename it to yourmatriculationnumber.json, edit it to reflect your information, and send it as an attachment via email to Damjan Gjurovski (email@example.com. Make sure the file is valid JSON and ASCII or UTF-8 encoded, the latter without byte order mark. Use the paper ids from the following table to specify your preference for at least four papers. Please use your official university email account @cs.uni-kl.de or @student.uni-kl.de or @rhrk.uni-kl.de or @rptu…. to register and to send the email.
- Registration due 2022-04-15
- Soon after the end of the registration, we will let you know whether or not you got a slot in the seminar.